About this Noteblog

Noteblog entries completed across the semester will include discussion of assigned readings, special topics, response to children's literature, and language arts activities. These will be assigned to help us prepare for class and/r to write about our ideas during or after class. For each of these entries, we should try to discuss ideas from multiple sources--class discussions, course readings, personal experiences, classroom-based experiences, and reading of children's literature. We are encourage (but not required) to experiment with a variety of modes of expression--narrative, poetry, essay, journalistic, stories, charts, diagrams, representations, and so on.

This noteblog is where we will post required entries and respond to the ideas we are seeing expressed in others' entries. Noteblog postings are due prior to the start of class. Responses to postings are due prior to the next week's class.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New Literacies Reflection

When first starting our new literacies project I really didn't know what to expect. I looked at the tutorial for iMovie and it looked pretty simple and easy to use. As we started collecting ideas from each other about culture and what we should do we decided on doing a movie on the culture of England. As we explored the different options of iMovie and put together our digital storytelling project I found it easier and easier to get the hang of it. After we finished our project I was SOO excited to show it in class! I think this is something I will defiantly use in the classroom next year in my internship and in my own classroom. This is something that even young children could use, with help, to put together their own movie. As long as the teacher was the one who put the movie together, it would be a great project for the children to have for their classroom. This is also a wonderful technology that older children could use to create a project on their own. With the simple tutorials on the Apple website, it can be simply learned in a step by step fashion how to put together a movie or digital story. I really enjoyed working with this technology and my group :) and learning how to use this new program on my new laptop, it is something I will use often in the classroom and on my own.

No comments: